Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cake Truffles and Cake Pops | Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

Cake Truffles and Cake Pops | Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice

This Sunday is my birthday and, as many of you know, I would run over a basket of kittens for pie. Which means that I always have apple pie for my birthday cake. I've narrowed down a few new recipes this year and will make my final decision on Friday so I can get the damn thing started and enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, you name it. However, the boys don't share my sick passion for pie and usually just eat the filling. And I don't think the bourbon ice cream I'm planning is child-friendly. So I think I may make a batch of these for their treat. And any chance I get to bust out the Hallowe'en jimmies, well, I am so there. And I can use my Hallowe'en cupcake liners, too. Win-win for everyone.

5 comments:

Reeni said...

I was thinking of making the cake pops again this weekend - but decided on something else! Eerie. Whatever you decide to make have a Happy Birthday!

Bridget said...

Pie is good for any meal. But particularly appealing for breakfast.

sadie said...

This was amazing! Followed directions to a T and added a few fresh raspberries, very elegant.

Chow and Chatter said...

belated birthday wishes

Quilting Mama said...

Nothing better than birthday pie!!!!!
Hope the guys enjoyed their treats too.