Friday, June 4, 2010

This looks promising

I was in Newtown today and noticed this:


I like this idea. The sign wasn't there last week and I did see some workmen shuffling around inside so I'll track its progress. I won't be back in Newtown until after July 4th but that should be enough time for the store to make some headway.

I'm really liking the possibility of fresh flavored vinegars like tarragon or raspberry (especially as berries are in season now); or maybe some nice garlic/basil/rosemary or chili-infused olive oils. Those would definitely be a treat. But I'll tamp down my excitement and remain only intrigued by the possibilities.

And the dent this could put in my wallet.

5 comments:

Chef Dennis said...

there is restaurant in Philly that sells them that way too. Garces Trading Company..or GTC..The state even put a mini state store in there selling wines...its a great concept!

Chow and Chatter said...

oh love the excitement of new places

The Caked Crusader said...

How can it fail with such a great name!

The Tubby Olive, LLC said...

I googled Tubby Olive and a ways down found this posting, which is quite exciting to realize that others are taking notice! We are very excited about the progress we have made and cannot wait to open our doors and become a part of the Newtown and Bucks county community.

So thanks for taking notice and we hope you will stop in when we do open!

Oh, and you can follow us on our blog - The Tubby Olive Blog

Anonymous said...

You have to try TASTE in Warrington at Valley Square unbeleivable Wine bar, Olive Oil/ Balsamic Bar, Gourmet Cheeses & Foods. That is were Graces got their idea. Wonderful gift baskets with wine. Lots of tastings, classes and events.