Friday, April 23, 2010

Lazy Post

Yes, I know, my god, why is she posting more pictures about that damn garden of hers? Because I'm rather pleased with how it's managed through my utter neglect. I water them, yes but I did put everything out a bit earlier than I should and by all rights everything should be dead. Some, like the cilantro, parsley, and strawberry, are showing obvious side-effects from the cold nights but I think they'll bounce back. The chard and the rocket I'm going to move to big pots this weekend and I gave my sage and lavender both a permanent spot and they're doing very well. And my mustard greens are exploding.







This was supposed to be a completely different dish but, as people have asked me what corvina fish looks like, well, here it is, all gussied up with a light dusting of flour and pan-fried in a little oil and butter. The rice is a recipe I took from the back of a bag of basmati, pulau rice, and it's the easiest thing in the world to make, very tasty, and makes a wonderful breakfast the next day. The fish is mild, to me a cross between tilapia and cod, relatively inexpensive, and very delicious.

I've got several new cookbooks to brag about, too. Several being an understatement: two came in the mail already and I'm waiting on two more. Amazon Marketplace can be addictive.

4 comments:

Debinhawaii said...

Very impressed with the garden! ;-) The fish dinner looks pretty amazing too. ;-)

Lisa said...

Hi Deb! It was supposed to be Erica's Salmon & Saffron (http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/salmon-with-coconut-saffron-sauce) but the can of coconut milk was grey and funky upon opening so I had to switch up the meal. Easy enough to get another can and at least the fish didn't go to waste. :)

Quilting Mama said...

What great start on the garden. I am impressed at the progress they are making.

The fish dinner looks wonderful. Just wish I could smell the plate too.

Chow and Chatter said...

oh love your garden pics keep em coming