Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snownami 2010



I was way too amused by this squirrel.


Around noon it got very dark; the kidney-shaped ice pond is our pool.


Several hours later, no ice pond, no pool.


This is from Saturday, the first storm.


This was about 4pm. It's now just after 7:30 and you can't see either bush.

Poor Remy can barely make it around the yard. I shovelled out the cars twice just to get a head start but let's be real. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, tiramisu, an enormous antipasti platter, meatballs, and I'm going to bang out a cauliflower-buttersquash curry tomorrow that I have been jonesing for. I'll weigh 300lbs by the time all is said and done but at least I'll be warm. :-)

I love winter and we're very lucky to have power, food, and plenty of booze. And, as this is a once-in-a-lifetime storm, I'm not going to complain. Granted, it's not a boatload of fun, but it's still very pretty and I'm going to enjoy the beauty before it turns to slush.

6 comments:

Julie @ Pickley Pear said...

Good attitude toward the snow...not like anyone can do anything about it and we're all in the same situation, right?! It is pretty! The food you made sounds delish.

dodi said...

♥ it!!! And darn, I wish we lived closer! I like the sounds of everything you've made AND I would sit and enjoy the booze too!☺

Happy shoveling! You are NOT alone my friend!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Pretty pictures!! (what are the chances you'd share the curry recipe? i can beg if you'd like)

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

You have the right attitude kiddo! Enjoy all those wonderful goodies and the hot toddy too :)

You could, of course, also be knitting - I'm sure that burns calories!

Bridget said...

Yes, the snow and the winter this year are both most excellent. I wish it didn't bother sweet Remy as much, but hopefully he'll have plenty of nice days coming up where he can enjoy himself.

I wish I had even one of the yummy foods you mentioned ...

Debinhawaii said...

It is beautiful and it looks like you are fully stocked with yummy food. ;-)