Sunday, January 24, 2010

Spenser follow-up

I've had some emails asking about the Spenser novels and how they relate to food. I forgot to include this link to the incredibly fun resource for Spenser fans Bullets and Beer. It hasn't been updated in eons, but I go on now and again just for the hell of it. Here, however, is a list of what Spenser cooked in each book from Godwulf up until Cold Service, which I believe was from 2006. The site's author states on the splash page that he hasn't kept up with the site or the series due to other commitments but, with regard to the series at least, I can't really blame him. Whilst the bulk of the Spenser novels are top-notch (if you love well-written, sharp dialogue, these are the books for you), later Spensers are a bit weak and suspension of disbelief is in order. But I digress. Check out the link for a fairly comprehensive view of Spenser as Cook and see if you, like me, are at all inspired to raid the kitchen.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

It occurred to me the other day when I read your post that I have never read any of these books. I'd better try at least a few of them, I think.

P.S. My verification word is DANK!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

I am so hungry now... (bookmarking site)

Chow and Chatter said...

oh Turkish cooking lessons sounds like fun you can teach us all love ya