Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recipe Swipe Due

By now you all are well aware of my mad love for Rachel Allen. This absolutely fantastic recipe for Chicken Ginger & Cashew Stir Fry with Coconut Noodles is from her book Rachel's Favourite Food at Home. I've seen her prepare it a hundred times on my DVD but finally got off my ass and made it. So good. The best part is that no meat is necessary so it's a wonderful meal for veggies and vegans alike (I actually preferred it without the chicken). It did make quite a bit but I picked at the leftovers and the chittlins actually enjoyed eating the coconut noodles; granted, they called them cheese noodles but hey, they tried something new--and even tried chopsticks--so who am I to burst their bubble. I played with the vegetables I had in my fridge so I can say that it worked very well with fresh broccoli and green peppers. Next time I'd like to try it with eggplant and maybe something green, like bok choy.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh wow does that look good ...

Hooray for the chittlins, being food adventurers!

puffthemagicrabbit said...

Damn, I'm just gonna start eating at your house...

Lisa said...

Gitte: Seriously good. And one of those meals that is even better without meat;

Puff (I know who you are!): Door's open and leftovers abound. I have coffee, too. :-)

Tangled Noodle said...

Coconut noodles sound soooo good! What a great base for any kind of additions. I love your idea of baby bok choy!