Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good King Wenceslas

I present to you The Cookies in all their glory. I really do wish you could taste them. Needless to say, I am over the moon with the way they turned out.


I highly recommend the color gel pastes from Williams Sonoma. They come in tiny little bottles but I used a very, very small amount to get the true Xmas-sy red and green you see here. The sugar pearls came from Wilton and, although I'm not the biggest fan of their texture, I love they way they look on baked goods.

And no, I didn't let the chittlins help with this batch. I love them to bits but there are times that I want to play all by myself. :-)

(I realize that today is actually the 13th and my photos say the 10th. I've given up caring what day my HP camera wants it to be. Feh.)

8 comments:

puffthemagicrabbit said...

So pretty! I think I'll make our sugar cookies next week to give the heathens something to do while they're off school. I'll make the cookies and the icing, then turn them loose. That should buy me some knitting time (I hope)

Lisa said...

The boys love making cookies but I just wanted one batch to play with myself so I sent them to the sunroom with Play Doh and A Charlie Brown Christmas. They didn't miss me. :-)

Chow and Chatter said...

awesome cookies Lisa

Marnie said...

Great cookies!! Another really good colouring gel is from Spectre. A little goes a very very long way. Like them much better than wilton's.

Lisa said...

Rebecca: Thanks!

Marnie: I'll check that gel out; I'm not a huge fan of Wilton but it was within arm's reach so I grabbed it. The W/S stuff is really good, however, rather spendy. Thanks for following!

Bridget said...

They are so Christmas-y!

I doubt the boys even realized that they weren't included - besides they have many opportunities for cooking/baking adventures on a regular basis.

The Caked Crusader said...

Very pretty! The colour gels look great -wish we could get them here, in the UK

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

How pretty they are! I try and always make Christmas cookies every year ~ love your leaf cutout shape!