Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just good lunch


This is one of my all-time favorite meals. I love making these little sausages from scratch and it is quite difficult to enjoy just two in one sitting. However, I don't use pre-ground pork; rather, I pick up a nice tenderloin or pack of country-style ribs (they're boneless) and I grind them up in my bigass food processor. I find that this makes a nicer texture and it's a good way to distribute the garlic, salt, and pepper throughout. Also, if you are out of breadcrumbs or egg or, like me, you don't always feel like using them, they can be omitted and you will still have a most delicious result. Although green peas are not my vegetable of choice, today I was not up for chopping and frying cabbage and the boys don't like it so, pfft, peas it was. But boiled and buttered potatoes are always welcome on my plate.

A very heartfelt thank you to everyone who emailed and commented best wishes for Jerry's surgery. He goes in tomorrow to have a herniated disk in his neck removed, which will be replaced with some kind of metal plate, maybe adamantine like Wolverine, I don't quite know. He'll be home on Thursday and then we get to torture him mercilessly for at least a month. :-) My general plan is to get through all the Phantasm movies; then Twin Peaks; some X-Files; a little La Femme Nikita; with plenty of time in between for serious gameage with Fallout 3 and Oblivion. It will make him stronger.

I'm also making a batch of oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies; I'll report on those later.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow, poor Jerry becomes Wolverine! (He must have some doctor ...)

Chow and Chatter said...

I will pray that your hubbies surgery goes well, wow homemade sausages yummy, Rebecca

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Those sausages look and sound fantastic! I enjoy boiled potatoes but I love a baked potato and could eat one every night!

I hope the surgery is a success with no strange side effects - LOL

I'm not much familiar with TV but I do love videos. Try watching something quirky and full of drama like Pollark or Horratio Hornblower or the Pallisers.

Debinhawaii said...

Your lunch looks perfect. Hope the surgery went well.