Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pita bread

I made the pita bread. I am most pleased. :-)


I used the recipe from Joy, which is very similar to the foccacia/pizza dough recipe I use weekly, so, since I've already got that one memorized, I'll probably just use that next time I want to make these. Actually, these would go really well as a sub for naan with a nice Indian meal. I made a dozen, the boys and I ate three, so I've got enough to freeze for later.

For tonight, I've got a huge batch of falafel in the freezer but as I cannot keep them together in the hot oil, I'm going to bake them to see if I get a better result. I could defrost them, then do a double-dip with eggs and flour but I'm not in the mood. I'll just spray a baking sheet with some olive oil and throw them in. That'll learn 'em.

Freshly made pita. Yum.

4 comments:

LA said...

YUMMY!!

Bridget said...

Not fair. Now all I can think of is pita bread and falafel ...

Chow and Chatter said...

good job looks great love pita, nice blog

Debinhawaii said...

I have never tried to make pita--yours looks great and the falafel sounds good too!