Thursday, June 11, 2009

No vacancy

This is my fridge:

This is my fridge on drugs:



Any questions?

I have no room left for anything. Nothing. I'm stuffing fruit and cheese and juice into the boys wonder just to make room on the shelves. Yet I find time to make pesto and hummus and other things that NEED REFRIGERATION! Granted, the pesto was frozen but I needed to clean out the freezer to make room. And yes, there is no picture of the freezer because it is a tundra of ice packs, soft pretzels, nuts, sausage, chicken, shrimp, and other things buried so deep that only by summoning Cthulhu from its vasty depths will I ever know what is in there.

And I just cleaned it all out this past weekend. Wiped, sorted, tossed. I suck. But I need at least eight bottles of hot sauce and five of mustard just to function on a daily basis. Not to mention an uber stack of plastic cheese. It's how I survive. :-)

Here is a pretty picture of my pesto:


Much easier on the eye. Ohm...

7 comments:

Jerry said...

Stay out of my kitchen, Cthulhu!

P.S. How come I don't weight 300 pounds?

Tangled Noodle said...

Instead of the Mountains of Madness, it's the Frige of Frenzy! This looks like some great pesto - I have a jar somewhere in my freezer . . . if I don't find it, I'll just have to make a new batch!

Thanks for visiting and commenting!

Lisa said...

Noodle, thanks for stopping by. Your dog rules!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

An embarrassment of riches!

Your pesto looks wonderful ~ I made some last evening too. I enjoy it particularly well on broiled turkey burgers - gives them a little extra something.

Bridget said...

Well, at least you have a fridge full of stuff for 4 people - ours looks about the same, and there are just the two of us!

Mmmmm ... pesto ...

(P.S. my word for verification was "bones"!)

Lisa said...

Jerry: You don't weigh 300 lbs because I hide all the chocolate;

Noodle & Mr. Puffy: I made the pesto with a mix of cinnamon and Genovese basil, stems and all, with a Greek kalamata oil. I'm really, really pleased with it;

Bridget: The boys wonder live on Pop Tarts, cheese, and goldfish crackers. The fridge is all grown-up.

The Caked Crusader said...

I share your fridge pain. My fridge is never quite big enough for all the food I want to stuff in it...and I live alone!!!