Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I gotta have some of your attention

Give it to me!

Oh, wait, someone did.

I'm special. So special. Well, at least to one of my dearest friends, Bridget, who gave me a rather sweet award. If you know me then you know her because we are scary similar in nature except she has an inherent fondness for Mr. Ed that I do not quite understand. Then again, she puts up with my silliness about Mrs. Beckham so we'll call it a draw.

"Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers."

Now, I'm at a loss to deliver this to eight other bloggers; however, there are several who might enjoy this. I follow these blogs because I share a love of food with them, they make me smile, and it's just really great to know that there are people all over the world with whom you share a common interest. It's pretty much why the Internet was invented (besides William Shatner and David Hasseloff videos). I'd also seriously enjoy sitting down to a bigass meal with them. So, without further ado, may I introduce you to some of my favorite people:

1) TheCakedCrusader makes absolutely gorgeous baked goods, has an excellent sense of humor, and takes the time to respond to comments and questions people have about baking. She makes my day and adds inches to my waistline, and anyone who is as passionate about baked goods as she is is someone I want to meet.

2) Maggie. An ex-waitress and proud of it, I read her blog and feel as if she could be right down the road from me instead of on a completely different continent. She's very warm and friendly and it's just a treat to read her.

3) Rosie. If this site just loading doesn't give you the fuzzywarms then you got nothin'.

4) I have to return the favor to Bridget simply because she's put up with me for so damn long. She's got a really awesome collection of cats, a rockin' husband, and she has the most wicked sense of humor. She's a smashing cook, too, and not one of those crazy veggies who slaps you across the face with a piece of tofu just for thinking about a steak. Much love to her.

So, there you go. Very cheesy, yes, but these are people who truly make my day. And that's just really cool in my book.

Ciao!

No comments: