Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Rockin' Eve in Delusional Lisaland

I've decided that Tony Bourdain should be special guest at my house tomorrow night. He can bring his wife and little daughter but I'll expect sordid tales over mass quantities of bourbon and plates of steaks and seafood. Dance Tony Monkey, dance for me! I think I'll also have Gordon back because Tony's a huge fan and I'd love for Mr. Ramsay to sign my copy of his new book, which lovely Jerry got for me for Xmas. What the hell, I'll get Tony to sign his books, too. Hero worship for everyone!

I've got lovely little filet mignons, lobster tails, and for sides baked potatoes and green salad with Russian dressing. There's bubbly, of course, but I also have some nice red wine if we change our minds. Dessert? Eh, I don't know yet as I haven't decided whether I want to make something from scratch or just make a homemade caramel sauce and serve it with vanilla ice cream. I'm bouncing around going downstairs now and making a pan of blondies but just can't get motivated. However, butter is softening on the counter so I should turn it into something yummy.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Sounds like a good time to me - well, at least the non-meat parts ...

I think you are lucky that none of your celebrity guests ever get into fights with each other.

Lisa said...

I keep 'em full of booze and food, plus they have two levels on which to roam.

april said...

i don't know who any of those people are...but it sounds like a lovely time ;)

Jerry said...

What do filet mignons and I have in common? We're both lovely.

Lisa said...

Yes, but you scream when I try to grill you.